We love to talk about exciting changes coming to the area, and here is a great one that was recently announced for Plano. In an effort to gain more foot traffic and fight off the general malaise plaguing retailers, the owners of The Shops at Willow Bend are in the process of adding several new mixed-use concepts to the mall.
Among the new options already being developed are the following:
- New dining district on the east side of the mall, which will include John Tesar’s Knife, Mexican Bar Company, and Terra Mediterranean, among other new restaurants.
- A seven story office tower on the north side adjacent to the existing food court, which will bring 200,000 square feet of new office space to the area.
- A new location of Plano Children’s Theatre will be opening inside the mall, bringing with it over 20,000 square feet for art, dance, drama, and voice classes.
- Crayola Experience indoor amusement facility will be coming as well, with 60,000 square feet of fun for kids.
- Also in plans for development are a health and fitness club, luxury theater, and hotel on the site.
This is really exciting news for the area and will bring even more life to the main shopping district on Plano’s west side! Here is a quick look at how the site will change during the course of the development:
As a Plano based company, we are personally very excited to see more options like these headed our way and we imagine you will be, too! If you live in Plano or are considering a move to the area, give us a call to learn more about these great new changes!
You can also see the news article in Community Impact Newsletter, Plano Edition, June 2017 edition for more information.